A downloadable game
A slow, quiet adventure of perception and discovery in an alien ocean.
Aquamarine is a sci-fi adventure inspired by elements of roguelikes, the survival genre, and exploration games. It features fully hand-drawn and hand-animated artwork inspired largely by '70s-era psychedelic comic books, specifically the work of French artist Moebius. The soundtrack is also inspired by the otherworldly synth music of that era.
Aquamarine tells the story of a lone space traveler who is marooned on an unknown planet covered in water, with nothing but their humble escape pod and ingenuity to save them. You must brave the alien ocean depths in your little pod to search for your crash ship. Along the way, you'll discover secret histories and learn the true nature of why you've come to this planet.
Aquamarine is a turn-based game that emphasizes defensive tactics and evasive maneuvers over combat. In order to survive, you must collect and manage limited resources, study the planet's dynamic ecosystem, and unravel a mysterious history through puzzles and exploration. As you progress through Aquamarine's story, you will upgrade and customize your escape pod with a number of special abilities and tap into the planet's natural elements to power your progress.
Aquamarine is currently in active development as the first title by Moebial Studios, with an original soundtrack by Jeremy Malvin (aka Chrome Sparks). Release is planned for Mac, PC, and Linux in 2020.
- Mark your calendars: AQUAMARINE is returning to Kickstarter! 📆🖊15 days ago
- Cultivate these alien plants and watch them grow... 🌱👀65 days ago
- We're adding more art & polish to Aquamarine's watery world every day ✨🎨✨75 days ago
- Join our little crew & preview Aquamarine's upcoming demoJun 28, 2019
- Catch an early preview of Aquamarine's new demo! 💻🤗Jun 16, 2019
- Aquamarine is growing more and more every day... 🌱👁🌊Jun 01, 2019
- Aquamarine dev update: Team changes, crowdfunding, and moreMar 03, 2019
- Aquamarine demo update: Linux build available, content added, bugs fixed, and mo...Oct 19, 2018